Cascade-Fairwood, Washington

Almost 2 years ago I purchased an 8 channel, 500 Mbyte Edge DVR that came with 4 cameras. I use the android mobile app that Lorex provided to view my home and playback video while I'm away. About a year ago the Lorex app stopped providing playback capabilities and couldn't figure out, then I realized that my android phone's operating system has been upgraded several times from the 2.3 Gingerbread version, when the Lorex app worked and now I'm on the 5.1 Lolipop version. Lorex app playback still doesn't work. WHY? Because, Lorex doesn't do updates to there apps and causes capability issues, such as the Lorex app no longer providing playback.

If Lorex cared about your home security they would make sure that the apps they provide will stay up to date with the operating systems that are utilized by android or even iPhones. I brought this up to Lorex technical support and all they provided was "Will look into this issue"!

A week later I get the following email from them.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of lorex security system from Lorex and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lorex to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lorex for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Lorex?

Comments