Review about Lorex 8 Channel 500 Mbyte Edge Dvr from Cascade-Fairwood, Washington

Almost 2 years ago I purchased an 8 channel, 500 Mbyte Edge DVR that came with 4 cameras. I use the android mobile app that Lorex provided to view my home and playback video while I'm away. About a year ago the Lorex app stopped providing playback capabilities and couldn't figure out, then I realized that my android phone's operating system has been upgraded several times from the 2.3 Gingerbread version, when the Lorex app worked and now I'm on the 5.1 Lolipop version. Lorex app playback still doesn't work. WHY? Because, Lorex doesn't do updates to there apps and causes capability issues, such as the Lorex app no longer providing playback.

If Lorex cared about your home security they would make sure that the apps they provide will stay up to date with the operating systems that are utilized by android or even iPhones. I brought this up to Lorex technical support and all they provided was "Will look into this issue"!

A week later I get the following email from them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had an experience with Lorex? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lorex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lorex.
Filing a new complaint about