Almost 2 years ago I purchased an 8 channel, 500 Mbyte Edge DVR that came with 4 cameras. I use the android mobile app that Lorex provided to view my home and playback video while I'm away. About a year ago the Lorex app stopped providing playback capabilities and couldn't figure out, then I realized that my android phone's operating system has been upgraded several times from the 2.3 Gingerbread version, when the Lorex app worked and now I'm on the 5.1 Lolipop version. Lorex app playback still doesn't work. WHY? Because, Lorex doesn't do updates to there apps and causes capability issues, such as the Lorex app no longer providing playback.
If Lorex cared about your home security they would make sure that the apps they provide will stay up to date with the operating systems that are utilized by android or even iPhones. I brought this up to Lorex technical support and all they provided was "Will look into this issue"!
A week later I get the following email from them.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Lorex 8 Channel 500 Mbyte Edge Dvr
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "We just opened our fire and water proof safe from Sentry for the first time in over 2 years. We had a sizeable amount of cash in there, from many..."
- "Buyer BEWARE, I purchased my system at Costco, within a month one camera wasn't working( it would go dark) and another would be blurry. I contacted Lorex thinking it would..."
- "I am having a BIG issue with Vivint and at this point will NOT recommend anyone use them, I had it install on Aug 9th and I said yes to..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."