Purchased several security cameras and supporting DVR.Approx $650 spent.
Fought with the system for almost a year. Trying to get it to work correctly, involving our internet company, thinking their service was our issue. We'd try something to fix it, then evaluate for a few weeks. Nothing seemed to help.
Then the DVR adapter quit working. That was the final straw. We contacted Lorex where we were told to send the products back in their entirety and we would receive a refund. (See photo of approved return.) They provided us a shipping label to handle the shipping, as well.
We sent all back immediately. We were told it would take 5 to 10 days to receive the refund once the products were received. We were on vacation during that time, but checked after we returned 2 weeks later, and still had not received the refund. I called the company, leaving a message to have a call back, which never happened.
I called back again and spoke with a representative. She told me they had clearly received the product (I also have confirmation of that through UPS) and she wasn't sure why we had not received it yet. She was going to put in an escalation ticket and said we should receive an email showing the credit within 24 -48 hours. 96 hours went by and no email.
I called again, this time asking to speak with a supervisor. I, after a fight, finally spoke to Sid. Sid told me he didn't have a last name, or even an employee # to identify him in any way. He also told me he isn't going to give me a refund because it had been past 60 days since our purchase.
So, now we are out the products (which were pathetic anyway) and our $650.00 which they promised us in return.
We have filed a claim with our credit card and we are reaching out EVERYWHERE we possibly can to warn others against falling victim to this company.We will also look to see if we can file further charges against them.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Concept of the product
What I disliked
- Terrible customer service
- Took my money
- No product to show for it
- Apparently supervisors have no last name
- Horrible service
You May Also Like
- "The system was installed in January 2014, failed in March 2014. I phoned them repeatedly, waited 2 weeks each time for inspection. Each time they found nothing wrong..."
- "House was armed. Activity log says door was opened and closed 3 times while I was gone. Alarm never went off. I've battled with them for months. Won't cancel contract..."
- "All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to. The cameras will..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "Found speaker boombox from Zapals. Good sound quality, soothing color with LED light, this Bluetooth speaker has not one, but two loudspeaker units built inside its body, providing you with..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "I have had nothing but good experiences at Vellas. Ron and his staff have always worked hard to get my repairs done timely, address any questions I've had immediately and..."
- "My husband and I bought Thomasville cabinets from Home Depot store # 0731 in the last part of 2002. We didn't get Home Depot to our house to install..."
- "This only gets better!!!!!! On Oct 18th 2014 I found a 2003 Freightliner that belonged to a REAL GREAT HUMAN BEING. The SOB had titled this truckin his wifes name..."