RUN away from Lorex as fast as you can!

73 of 166 Lorex reviews

Purchased several security cameras and supporting DVR.Approx $650 spent.

Fought with the system for almost a year. Trying to get it to work correctly, involving our internet company, thinking their service was our issue. We'd try something to fix it, then evaluate for a few weeks. Nothing seemed to help.

Then the DVR adapter quit working. That was the final straw. We contacted Lorex where we were told to send the products back in their entirety and we would receive a refund. (See photo of approved return.) They provided us a shipping label to handle the shipping, as well.

We sent all back immediately. We were told it would take 5 to 10 days to receive the refund once the products were received. We were on vacation during that time, but checked after we returned 2 weeks later, and still had not received the refund. I called the company, leaving a message to have a call back, which never happened.

I called back again and spoke with a representative. She told me they had clearly received the product (I also have confirmation of that through UPS) and she wasn't sure why we had not received it yet. She was going to put in an escalation ticket and said we should receive an email showing the credit within 24 -48 hours. 96 hours went by and no email.

I called again, this time asking to speak with a supervisor. I, after a fight, finally spoke to Sid. Sid told me he didn't have a last name, or even an employee # to identify him in any way. He also told me he isn't going to give me a refund because it had been past 60 days since our purchase.

So, now we are out the products (which were pathetic anyway) and our $650.00 which they promised us in return.

We have filed a claim with our credit card and we are reaching out EVERYWHERE we possibly can to warn others against falling victim to this company.We will also look to see if we can file further charges against them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• What I disliked
    • Terrible customer service
    • Lied
    • Took my money
    • No product to show for it
    • Apparently supervisors have no last name
    • Horrible service

Reason of review:
They have stolen $650 of mine!
Preferred solution:
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
73 of 166 Lorex reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Aug 23 #1202847 Pflugerville, Texas, United States

I am currently having this same issue. these bastards have NOT resolved my problem. I'm on my 4th call into the supervisor. No one wants to help. I have have the system for a bit over 10 months. I am thinking to take it back to the store for a refund and will have to call the retail store about the issue. This is total *** and a waist of time. I may file a complaint with the BBB to get their attention.

0 0 Reply

Aug 23 #1202792 Pleasanton, California, United States

Lorex makes good products but you do need somewhat of a technical background to understand and make the right choices - based on your particular circumstances. If you're not sure then find someone who is or hire a professional.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lorex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lorex.
Filing a new complaint about
×