3.0
Equipment Quality

Let me first say, I have been using Lorex camera systems for over 10 years with no major problems with the equipment itself. I called support for the first time to get help with resetting a dome camera as I forgot the password to the camera itself.

I opened a ticket...Lorex support clearly did not read what I was asking because their response was off base. I called, was on hold for a half hour before I was able to speak with anyone. I explained my issue and was taken through troubleshooting steps that clearly showed that my problem was not understood. Once my issue was understood, I was told to wait 24 hours and call back and I could go through the process of getting a replacement sent out.

Fine! What could I do? I called back 2 days later and was again on hold for over a half hour before anyone answered the phone. We went around Robin Hood's barn again, several times on hold, and an hour and forty-five minutes later was told that the camera would be replaced.

Yea right!! Then I was told that the camera was out of warranty and that I could purchase a new camera or one that was out of warranty. I inquired about the cost of each option and the representative was unable to answer my question. I was again transferred and guess what...put on hold.

Ridiculous!! I hung up. I will just have to go back into the archives of my little brain and see if I can remember the login information for the camera. Lessons learned: 1) Never call Lorex support 2) If I do ever purchase another Lorex product, make sure that it has a reset button or some other way to reset it to factory default.

(that is the case with any camera). and 3) Neve call Lorex support!!

Review about: Lorex Technical Support.

Preferred solution: a way to reset the camera to default settings (or a replacement even if the cam is out of warranty - give me another out of warranty cam - I will pay shipping).

I didn't like: Tech support, On hold for too long.

Comments