Equipment Quality

TL;DR: This company is a total scam. Their products are shoddy, their customer service is completely unresponsive, and they refuse to issue refunds for returned merchandise.

Details:

I purchased a camera system from Lorex in March of 2018.

It didn't arrive until May, and I had a very hard time contacting anyone or getting shipping updates. That was the start of trouble. Once I recieved the camera system, only half (3 of 6) the channels worked consistently. It turned out to be a faulty receiver, but discovering this took several tech support calls.

Getting them to send a replacement unit took even longer. Then the batteries started failing. At this point, I decided the system wasn't worth my time and initiated a return. As expected, it took multiple weeks to approve the return and get an actual return label (they don't pay for return shipping, but you have to get the official address and a paper to include with the return).

Once it was finally approved and I got a shipping information, I packed up the items and sent them. UPS indicated that the package was delivered on 08-27-2018. At the time of this writing (11-23-2018), I have yet to receive any refund. I have called and emailed the company on multiple occasions, and they continually promise me that the refund will be processed in "7 to 14 days".

Or they lie and say it has already been sent on whatever date they decide sounds good.

It's been 3 months, and they're still playing the same game. As I said, this company is a scam, and you would be well-advised to avoid doing business with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lorex Security System.

I didn't like: Being on hold for hoours, Will not send refund.

Comments

UPDATE: If you have a similar situation, contact feedback[at]lorextechnology.com and ask for William Moyer. He was able to help me get a refund.